Well, we have to admit that Pack Names in FIFA are really confusing. Every time a newbie looks at those Pack Names with words like Mixed, Premium, Electrum he/she is bound to get confused. You must have thought that what the hell do these words mean? And on the top of that EA continues to grow the Pack Family with more than 100 Packs existing in the game right now. Well, we are here to end this confusion for once and for all. In this post, we will tell you about the meaning of all those complicated FIFA Pack names. So, keep reading and you will see that those names are not really that complicated in reality.
How to read FIFA 19 Pack Names?
Well, every FIFA 19 Pack name follows a certain pattern. Starting with the obvious pattern: all pack names have the word “pack” in the end. There was no need to mention this but this will start our discussion on recognizing other patterns. A Pack name can have four words preceding the word “pack”. These four words explain about the:
- Pack Size
- The quantity of Rare Cards
- Quality of Cards
- Category of Cards
Let’s read about these four categories in detail.
A usual pack consists of 12 cards. A Pack Size can be Normal, Small or Jumbo. Let’s see what these words mean.
- Normal: In this case, the name of the pack does not have any words describing its size. For example Gold Pack, Electrum Players Pack. The Normal pack has 12 cards in it (the standard pack size)
- Small: This pack contains only six cards in it. Hence the name, small. The pack with Small Pack Size starts with the word “Small”. For example Small Prime Silver Players Pack, Small Gold Players pack.
- Jumbo: A Jumbo Pack consists of 24 cards. The pack with Jumbo size starts with the word “Jumbo”. For example Jumbo Premium Gold Pack.
Well, exceptions are always there. There can be packs with 2, 4, 13, and 26 number of cards inside them. The packs with 13 and 26 cards are easy to identify. For example Gold 13 Pack, Jumbo Premium Gold 26 Pack. The packs with 2 and 4 cards are often seen as daily gifts.
The quantity of Rare Cards
A pack usually has 1 rare card in it. But this number can change. Let’s look at the words that tell us about the Number of Rare Cards in a pack.
- Normal: The number of rare cards here will depend on the pack’s size. For a Normal Size Pack, the number of rare cards will be 1, and for the Jumbo Size Pack, the number will be 3. Similar to the Pack Size, the name of the pack will not provide any detail on the number of rare cards in this case.
- Premium: The number of rare cards will be 3 for Normal Size Packs and 7 for Jumbo Size Packs. The pack name will include the word “Premium” in this case. For example Premium Mixed Players Pack.
- Prime: Here the number of rare cards will be half the size of the pack. The name of the pack will include the word “Prime”. For example Prime Gold Players Pack.
- Rare: In this pack, all cards are going to rare. So, if you have a Normal Sized Pack then all the 12 cards inside the pack will be rare. As you have guessed, the pack name will include the term “Rare” in it. For example Rare Gold Pack.
Let’s have a look at the next category i.e., Quality of the Cards.
Quality of the Cards
The quality of the FUT Team Cards is described by the terms: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Similarly, the pack quality is also defined using these terms. Let’s have a look at how the Quality of cards is described in the Pack Name.
- Gold: You will mostly find Gold Cards in this Pack. The name of the pack will have the term ‘Gold’ in it. For example Gold Contracts Pack.
- Silver: This pack will have a good percentage of Silver Cards. The term ‘Silver’ will be included in these packs. For example Silver Gift Pack.
- Bronze: This pack will be consisting of Bronze Cards mostly. The name of the pack will include the word ‘Bronze’ in it. For example Bronze Gift Pack.
- Mixed: This pack will have all types of cards mixed in one pack. There will be an equal number of each type of card. These packs will have the term ‘mixed’ in their pack name.
- Electrum: This pack has 50% Gold and 50% Silver cards. You will not find any bronze card here. The term “Electrum” will be found in the pack name in this situation. For example, Small electrum players pack.
Now, let’s learn about the next category i.e., the Types of Cards.
Types of Cards
We all know that there are four types of FUT Cards namely staff, consumables, and club items. Based on the types of cards inside a pack can have various names. Let’s look at these terms that describe the Types of Cards inside a pack.
- Normal: All four types of cards are mixed in this pack. The pack name will have no terms describing the Types of Cards inside the pack in this case. For example Gold Pack.
- Players: This pack contains player cards only. The term ‘Players’ will be included in the pack name in this case. For example Rare Players Pack.
- Consumables: A pack that will contain consumables cards which includes contracts, fitness cards, manager leagues etc. You will also find packs that consist only contracts. In this case, the pack name will include the term ‘Consumables’ or ‘Contracts’. For example Rare Consumables Pack.
So, as you can see, understanding the pack names is not really that tough. All you need is the right info. I hope that now understanding any pack name will be a really easy job for you. Stay tuned for more FIFA 19 news, updates, tips, and tricks. Thanks for reading.